Radiohead star Jonny Greenwood has admitted he was “surprised” the band’s last tour “actually happened” when they returned to the stage in 2025 following a seven-year hiatus.
Jonny Greenwood was “surprised” Radiohead’s last tour “actually happened”.
The band returned to the stage in 2025 following a seven-year hiatus to play a limited run of shows across Europe with stops in Madrid, Bologna, London, Copenhagen, and Berlin – and Greenwood has now admitted he wasn’t sure the trek was ever going to take place and he was amazed the musicians all enjoyed it so much.
He told The Times newspaper: “I’m surprised that the tour actually happened and that we all enjoyed it so much.”
However, he’s not sure when the band are going to hit the road again because dates have to be booked so far ahead. He added: “Venues get booked so far in advance. To do another we would have to decide now, and even then it wouldn’t happen for 18 months.”
He also admitted it felt “strange” not to be performing any new music during the shows.
Greenwood explained: “It was great to revisit songs that we always felt were good and to find lots of other people now agree with us. And it was really nice to be playing and listening to [frontman] Thom [Yorke] again.
“But I found it strange not to be doing anything new on the tour. I guess we are all doing new music elsewhere now so that’s where our creative energies are going.”
When asked about the possibility of the band recording another album, he replied: “I’ve no idea.”
Greenwood has been busy working on film scores and he’s nominated for an Oscar at the upcoming Academy Awards for the soundtrack he created for One Battle After Another.
However, the musician isn’t sure whether he will be flying to Los Angeles to attend the ceremony on March 15.
He added to The Times: “Not sure [if I will go]. I went last time and they took me aside and said: ‘We’ve got something for you.’ I was expecting a lavish goody bag. They gave me a chocolate shaped like an Oscar.”
Greenwood was previously nominated for the Best Original Score in 2021 for The Power of the Dog and in 2017 for Phantom Thread.
In 2021, he missed out to Hans Zimmer, who won for the Dune soundtrack, and in 2017, the Oscar went to Alexandre Desplat for The Shape of Water.







