The Blind Side star Quinton Aaron is “feeling strong” and is “focused” on his recovery after suffering a spinal stroke which left him fighting for his life in an intensive care unit.
Quinton Aaron is “feeling strong” and is “focused” on his recovery after suffering a spinal stroke.
The Blind Side star – who starred opposite Sandra Bullock in the 2009 Oscar winning film – was left fighting for his life after collapsing at his home last month but he’s now insisted he’s on the mend and is determined to get his life back on track despite the terrifying health scare.
In a statement given to PEOPLE, he said: “I went through a lot, but I’m focusing on God, my recovery, my family and close friends as well as my career.”
The 41-year-old actor’s relatives added: “[Quinton is] feeling strong and empowered …
“He’s excited about the future opportunities life will present to him … [He is] awake, fully alert, interacting with his family and approved visitors … [He has] feeling in his legs … [and is] focused on his recovery and successfully doing things like practicing writing, doing puzzles.”
Quinton’s family previously thanked fans for their well wishes and explained his condition was caused by a “spinal stroke”.
In a statement released via TMZ.com, they said: “”We acknowledge that you’ve heard about Quinton Aaron‘s condition. We appreciate the overwhelming love, support and prayers that Quinton has received over the past few days from his fans, the public, and our concerned community …
“To update everyone, he had a spinal stroke. He is alert, aware and recovering.”
The statement added: “The Aaron family has a lot to deal with for the betterment of their loved one, but will be sure to keep everyone posted regarding Quinton‘s health as we see fit. “To be clear, any other information that you hear pertaining to Quinton’s health from any other source that isn’t coming directly from his official blood relative family, that will come in the form of their appointed chosen spokesperson and life long friend Liana Mendoza, is not to be taken as factual information. “We kindly ask the public to please respect the decisions we make and to please understand that false information or statements may be made by others who continue to come forward but are not fully informed or aware of all of the facts surrounding his condition nor do they have the authority to do so.”
A subsequent message released by the family revealed the actor was looking forward to watching the Super Bowl on February 8.
Quinton Aaron ‘focusing on recovery’ after spinal stroke







