Prince Harry and his family are moving back to the UK later this month.
Prince Harry and his family are moving back to the UK.
The Duke of Sussex and his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex quit royal duties in 2019 to start a new life in California, where they currently reside with children Prince Archie, seven, and five-year-old Princess Lilibet, but they are now planning a shock relocation back to Great Britain in the next few weeks.
According to the Telegraph, the Sussexes will be moving to a private, non-royal residence believed to be outside of London, and the young prince and princess will be starting school nearby in September.
Although the family met with King Charles at Highgrove last month, the move wasn’t discussed then but he is said to have been informed on Sunday (16.08.26).
The publication reports the monarch was “naturally pleased for the opportunity to see more of his family on a regular basis, both in a private and professional capacity.”
However, the king was clear the couple’s status as private citizens and non-working royals will remain unchanged, as per their previous wishes.
Harry’s estranged brother, Prince William, and his wife Catherine, Princess of Wales have also been informed about the move.
Harry and Meghan’s security arrangements have not been disclosed, but there have been no announcements of any change, despite the prince’s previous claim he didn’t feel his family were safe in the UK without police protection.
The former Suits actress will continue to run her As Ever lifestyle brand in the UK, and the couple plan to retain their home in Montecito, California, and their other property in Portugal, which they bought in 2023.
Sources claimed the family will stay in the UK “for an extended period” but have yet to decide if it will be a permanent move.
Harry’s trip to the UK in July was marred by a public disagreement over his accommodation.
Harry’s team initially announced that he would be based at the royal residence of Buckingham Palace for part of his trip, but it later emerged that will not be the case.
Insiders said Harry had not formally responded to the king’s offer of accommodation at a royal residence in time, and so was told he could no longer stay at Buckingham Palace because a minimum notice period is needed to ensure guests can be hosted and Royal Household staff provided.
The 41-year-old royal’s representative admitted the decision was “disappointing” and accused the palace of withdrawing the offer “at the last moment” as they explained Harry’s delay had been due to him putting security measures in place after it was confirmed he wouldn’t receive official protection.
Harry stayed elsewhere and was later joined by his wife Meghan and their two children, who were given the chance to see their grandfather King Charles for the first time in four years in a private meeting at Highgrove, the monarch’s country residence in Gloucestershire, England.
No images have been released from the reunion, and no further details will be provided, as it was a “private family occasion”, the palace said.
The meeting marked the first time Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet have been in the UK since June 2022, when they travelled over to attend the Platinum Jubilee celebrations for the late Queen Elizabeth.
Duke and Duchess of Sussex moving back to the UK







